Achieving an equitable valuation is a multi-step process. Knowing when to act and following a plan can bring early resolution with cost/benefit savings. Equity Property Tax Group's guiding principle is "The best appeal is the one never filed" – provided you get the desired results.
Litigation carries costs and risks. When parties disagree, appeals and litigation may be the only recourse. If so, we assemble and manage a proactive cost-effective team that works for resolution at any appeal level. Our internal staff and national contacts allow us to identify, evaluate and manage the keys to the process.
Communication with clients is an integral part of the process.
- Evaluate appeal strategies – A macro- or microanalysis of a client's property tax strategies can be beneficial. Questions that should be explored: Are we doing this right? What should we be doing? Do we have a problem?
- Identify and retain qualified representation – Based on our national contacts, we can identify competent personnel and, if requested, negotiate competitive fee structures on your behalf while setting appropriate standards for performance. Equity Property Tax Group's members have a national network of strategic relationships.
- Complete appeals management – Utilizing our trained staff, we guide the complete process by setting timelines, defining appeal strategies, providing report updates and strategically managing the process. We may use internal or external resources that best add value to the process.
- Non-advalorem appeals – Tax bills often include charges not tied to the property's valuation. Tax liabilities may trigger other charges. These charges can be reviewed and often reduced.
- Legislation – Review legislation for client impact.