Evidence-Driven Advocacy sm
FaegreBD Consulting offers a wide variety of services to companies throughout the supply chain seeking to comply with U.S. food safety requirements, including regulations resulting from the passage of the 2011 Food and Drug Administration Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA). Anchored by professionals with significant federal agency and congressional experience in food safety regulations and legislation, FaegreBD Consulting provides various federal affairs and business consulting services including:
- Senior executive-level consulting services regarding structural and resource allocation around FSMA-mandated compliance services.
- Federal affairs services such as influencing, responding to and monitoring agency and congressional activity (including modifications to and funding of FSMA) during FSMA implementation and development of other food safety and food-related polices.
- Organization and management of a multi-stakeholder food safety coalition to speak with a unified voice to influence the development of food safety related federal policies and regulations while economizing resources of the participants.
- Information services such as real-time notice of key FDA activity, including new regulations, guidance or other policy statements; key congressional activity including food safety hearings, legislation or statements by members of Congress; and developments among stakeholders in the media or in the market generally that may have a policy impact on the client.
FaegreBD Consulting also collaborates with professionals at Leavitt Partners to provide food industry clients with a collaborative solution to food safety management by integrating technical, regulatory, legal, federal affairs, management consulting and coalition-building services. This partnership allows clients to address their food safety management needs holistically by working with a diverse group of experienced food safety professionals. Companies can take advantage of all or a subset of the collaboration's services based on their individual needs.
- Leavitt Partners, founded and chaired by former Secretary of Health and Human Services Michael O. Leavitt, is a technical, scientific and regulatory advisory group operating in the health care and food safety sectors. The organization provides food safety assessment services to determine the gap between a company's capabilities and FSMA requirements, support and guidance in writing food plans required under FSMA, expert advice on preparing for a crisis and handling recalls, and real-time updates on food safety issues from regulatory bodies.