Evidence-Driven Advocacy sm
FaegreBD Consulting helps drug, medical device and biotechnology companies commercialize medical technology and build reimbursed markets. Our work is broad-gauged – taking into account all decision makers and influencers in the process:
- Federal agencies and Congress;
- Public and private payer reimbursement;
- Professional societies;
- Patient groups;
- Grassroots allies;
- State advocacy; and
- Legal review.
FaegreBD Consulting develops strategies that cover the key areas affecting reimbursement:
- Product Planning – Our professionals listen carefully, survey the issues and identify "gaps" that must be filled to satisfy third-party payers;
- Evidence Planning – Our professionals review and "grade" evidence on a health care intervention, then outline a "value proposition" for building new markets; and
- Policy Planning – We focus on managing the political, policy and consumer forces that affect 21st century health care.
FaegreBD Consulting also provides discreet services to achieve reimbursement-related objectives:
- Product Launches – Strategy and planning to support introduction of products into reimbursed markets;
- Coverage and Evidence – Satisfying the coverage and benefits-category requirements of public and private payers (and marshalling new evidence when needed); and
- Coding and Payment – Touching all major coding regimes as well as key public and private systems for reimbursing hospital, physician, pharmaceutical, laboratory, home health, DME and other health care items and services.
Cutting across the governmental/consumer forces that increasingly decide health care reimbursement, FaegreBD Consulting professionals address issues of:
- Public Policy and Legislation – Crafting research-based solutions to tensions between health care technologies and health care budgets;
- Lobbying and Coalition Development – Using "evidence-based advocacy" to work with Congress, federal agencies, state governments and key stakeholders such as health care professionals; and
- Patient and Grassroots Advocacy – Leveraging patient-driven health care – a fact of 21st Century life – to serve our clients' reimbursement goals.