Nick Manetto designs, manages and executes multi-faceted advocacy initiatives that enable clients to achieve their public policy goals. He applies more than a decade of experience in government relations, strategic communications and public policy to design high-impact and results-oriented initiatives that succeed on Capitol Hill, in the news media, and with departments and agencies.
Nick's government relations and public policy advocacy focuses primarily on the health and biosciences sector where he represents providers, patient advocacy organizations, product manufacturers and payers. He designs and manages advocacy campaigns focused on biomedical research, delivery system reform and payment reform. Nick has secured victories that include passage of legislation and inclusion of key provisions within multiple bills that have become law. He also manages multi-stakeholder and multi-faceted coalition efforts, ensuring projects achieve milestones and remain on or ahead of schedule.
In addition to his government relations and advocacy expertise, Nick leverages his experience as a congressional press secretary, campaign manager and journalist to design and implement strategic communications campaigns. He crafts compelling messages, writes and places op-eds and letters-to-the-editor, serves as a media spokesman, and develops creative and targeted pitches to influential reporters and editors. Stories pitched or op-eds crafted and pitched successfully by Nick have appeared in national, trade and regional media, including:
- USA Today
- CBS Evening News
- Associated Press
- The Wall Street Journal
- Education Week
- Roll Call
- Inside Health Policy
- The Philadelphia Inquirer
- The Baltimore Sun
- The Christian Science Monitor
Prior to joining FaegreBD Consulting, Nick served as a legislative assistant and press secretary to a senior member of Congress and managed two successful re-election campaigns. Before coming to Washington, he worked as a staff reporter for The Times newspaper in Trenton, New Jersey, where he covered a variety of beats, including elections and politics, courts, county and local government, and education.
- Rep. Christopher H. Smith (R-NJ)
- St. Joseph's Catholic Church, Herndon, VA — Lector
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Washington — GED Teacher, 2005-07
- Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Washington — Volunteer Strategic Communications Advisor
- Archdiocese of Washington — Strategic Communications Advisory Committee for 2008 Papal Visit to Washington, D.C.
- The College of New Jersey, School of Culture & Society — Alumni Advisory Council
- 2014 Midterm Elections & Rare Disease Legislation
Co-presenter, Rare Disease Legislative Conference & Lobby Day, February 2014
- Putting It Into Practice: Forging Strategic Relationships to Advance Your Organizational Goals
National Association for Gifted Children's 21st Annual State Affiliate Conference, March 2013
- Reviving the Medicare Shared Savings/ACO Initiative: Key Points of the Final Rule
Captive Insurance Council of the District of Columbia, October 2011